AWS Devops Engineer-Job Description
AWS Devops Engineer – Permanent
Job location: Hyderabad
Years of Experience: 2-4
AWS Devops Engineer, Hyderabad, India.
As an AWS Engineer, you would work to leverage AWS services to increase performance, efficiency, and reliability of software and platforms deployed to the AWS cloud.
What is the role be like?
- Understand current and research new and upcoming cloud technologies.
- Propose, prototype, implement, test and maintain solutions using cloud services offered by AWS.
- Work to transition single datacenter systems to global cloud.
- Work in a cross functional Devops team
- Assist with monitoring of all aspects of the cloud platform
- Work with the security team to ensure all cloud solutions are secure
- Work with the security team on continual vulnerability testing of the cloud platform
- Work with application teams to support new requirements and track down cloud related issues
- Write documentation for developed solutions and maintain documentation for existing cloud platform
- Assess other public clouds (Azure, GAE) for future multi-cloud platforms.
Who can apply?
- Seeking a self-motivated, technical, results-oriented, and quality-focused individual
- Should be able to work on development tasks independently following the process & standards.
- Detail-oriented, thoughtful, respectful – a team player
- Proactive, great attention to detail, results-oriented problem solver.
- 4 + years of IT experience as engineer with coding/devops background
- Strong practical knowledge of AWS services including EC2, VPC, S3, RDS, Lambda, CloudWatch, EFS etc
- Experience creating solutions using AWS services.
- Experience with multi-account organizations a plus
- Experience with cross-account VPCs a plus
- Some RDBMS knowledge/exposure, SQL Server preferred.
- Strong experience with Linux
- Experience in network design, DNS, web technologies.
- Experience with declarative configuration (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field (or equivalent experience).
What do we offer?
- You will receive a competitive salary and every employee receives equity in the company
- You will receive medical coverage for yourself and your immediate family
- We believe in holistic, enriching lives. We want you to work passionate, but sane hours. Our employees receive unlimited vacation, in turn we expect employees to act with integrity
- Employees are served healthy breakfast, lunch and snacks on every weekday
- Social activities are part of our culture; regular outings include company celebrations, team outings, movies, social work, outdoor activities and more