As a Senior Java Engineer you would work independently under limited supervision and apply
knowledge of subject matter in Applications Development. You must possess sufficient
knowledge and skills of Java/J2EE application design and development to effectively deal with
issues, challenges to develop simple applications solutions.
• Design, code and test software applications.
• Developing mission critical, high availability systems using Java EE
• SQL, relational databases, and data modelling.
• Code deployment in complex environments.
• Designing and implementing new features in a highly scalable and maintainable manner
• Document and assist in defining requirements, creating documents to ensure the
applications meet their expectations in accordance with the technical and functional
• Writing code that runs in the cloud (AWS: EC2, SNS, SQS, Kinesis, Lambda etc).
• A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
(or equivalent experience).
• 5 years of IT experience as a Software Engineer or Developer.
• Strong hands on experience in Core Java EE and web-based applications
• Experience in Spring, Spring boot
• Experience with databases and ORM frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
• Strong knowledge of SQL. Experience in writing complex queries in SQL.
• Experience with service-oriented architectures, XML, SOAP, REST
• Experience or knowledge in Advanced Java Script is a plus
• Experience with AOP is a plus
• Experience or Knowledge of Pentaho or other ETL tools is a plus.
• Knowledge of source control repository tools such as GitHub/GITLAB, CVS & SVN.
• Working knowledge of DevOps tools (Git, Jenkins, Sonar, Nexus/Artifactory ...)
• Experience in performance tuning of the applications including JVM tuning, memory
• Proven experience writing high quality object oriented and tiered design methodologies.
• Complete understanding of and rigorous approach to testing (TDD or BDD), continuous
• Experience working collaboratively with clients in the development process.
• Proficient in a Linux or Unix based environment
• Should be able to work on development tasks independently following the process &
• Detail-oriented, thoughtful, respectful – a team player
• Passionate, intelligent, critical thinker, problem solver, highly persuasive.
• Ability and interest to learn new languages or become a Full-stack Engineer
• Proactive, great attention to detail, results-oriented problem solver.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience in quick delivery of business value through release management and agile
methodologies, preferably experience with SCRUM.
• A highly collaborative personality and excellent written and verbal communication skills,
comfortable with all levels of management.